The financial institution Citibank, one of the largest banks in the world, offers several credit and debit cards for its U.S. individual customers that offer various loyalty programs and promotions with which you can save money and get gifts simply by using your card to pay for purchases you make in our country or abroad.
You may be interested in: Chase Bank Credit Cards
You can sign up for these cards through the Internet, using the bank's website or its app for Android or iOS, or also by going in person to one of its branches near you, spread throughout the most populated areas of the country.
Most of the bank's cards have no annual fee, although the most exclusive ones do incorporate it, in exchange for providing some extra advantages, such as additional insurance coverage, personalized assistance services or access to VIP lounges at airports.
You will also receive welcome rewards in the form of interest-free months for all the purchases you finance and points bonuses if you reach a certain amount in purchases during the first months.
Citi ThankYou Rewards Program
One of the main advantages you can find is the Citi ThankYou Rewards points program that you can access with most Citibank credit cards.
This loyalty service allows you to accumulate points on all your purchases anywhere in the world, and you can even accumulate extra points in certain categories, such as gas stations, flights, hotels, etc.
The possibilities offered by Citi ThankYou Rewards points are very varied:
- Travel. You can redeem your points for flights, hotels, cruises, car rentals and experiences.
- Gift cards. A wide range of stores and restaurants allow you to purchase gift cards in the amount you want to give to whomever you wish.
- Shopping. Redeem your points for purchases at online stores and services such as Amazon or Expedia.
- Pay bills. You can use your points to pay all or part of a bill or invoice that arrives in your Citibank checking account.
- Transfer points. You can convert your Citi ThankYou Rewards points into miles and points from other loyalty programs, such as Qatar Airways, AirFrance or Sears.
- Cash. You can redeem points for cash to spend on whatever you want.
- Pay off your credit. Use them to reduce your credit card debt and save on interest.
- Pay off your mortgage loan. You can also use your points to help pay off your mortgage loan.
As you can see, the variety of uses you can give to the Citi ThankYou Rewards points you accumulate when you pay with your Citibank credit cards is very complete.
Español: Tarjetas de crédito y débito de Citibank USA