Reviews, evaluations and opinions of our experts on the products and services that appear on this page are totally objective and independent. Some products may be from our partners who compensate us, which may influence where and how they are displayed. Advertising disclosure.
Progressive Insurance is one of the largest insurers in the United States and the third largest car insurance marketer, only behind State Farm and Geico, with millions of drivers covered by its policies.
You can contact the company through the Internet by phone or by visiting one of Progressive's offices and agents near you. In this page we help you to find them.
How do I find a Progressive office near me?
Progressive Insurance has an extensive network of agents and offices throughout the United States, in all 50 states plus the District of Columbia.
Using this map you can locate the ones closest to your location, find out how to get there and also know their hours and phone numbers.
In addition, the Progressive insurance company itself offers a complete website to locate the thousands of agents spread throughout the national territory, being able to filter by the type of insurance in which it specializes, by zip code, by state and city.
You can also find those who speak Spanish and know their hours, address and contact information.
Coverage and insurance of Progressive Insurance
Within the insurance and coverage catalog of the insurer, there are 3 products that stand out: car insurance, homeowners insurance and life insurance. Below, we will describe roughly what each one offers:
Among its coverages, you have at your disposal:
- Medical expenses
- Full coverage
- Third party liability
- Roadside assistance
- Deductible bank savings
- Rental car reimbursement
- CPE or Custom Parts and Equipment
- Uninsured and Underinsured
Standard types of coverage for this insurance include:
- Medical payments
- Other structures
- Utility loss
- Personal Injury
- Additional coverages
- Personal possessions
- Ponding of water
- Damage to fixed structures
- Personal Liability
This type of insurance can be contracted in several ways:
- Variable coverage
- Comprehensive coverage
- Universal coverage
- Term coverage
- Final expense coverage
History of Progressive Insurance
Currently ranked among the top 100 Fortune 500 companies, the history of this well-known American company begins in 1937, when Cleveland lawyers Jack Green and Joseph Lewis founded Progressive Mutual Insurance Company.
The initial intention was to provide auto coverage in an innovative way. When they opened to the public, they were the first to introduce a drive-in location.
Later (1956), Progressive Casualty Insurance Company would appear, which was dedicated to the creation of non-standard policies. This same year they would launch the Safe Driver Plan in Ohio, offering cheaper rates to safe drivers, something that would become an industry standard.
You may be interested in: Car insurance near me
By 1964, it was one of the first to offer a payment plan for non-standard vehicle coverage and introduced motorcycle and scooter insurance. During 1965, Progressive Corporation, whose philosophy is based on good verification, was born.
In 1971, its offerings included policies for motor homes and commercial fleets. In addition, the company goes public, trading on the stock exchange as PGR. Following this evolution, there are several important milestones about Progressive Insurance:
- 1974. They move headquarters from downtown Cleveland to Mayfield Village and begin their art collection.
- 1979. Launched Proteus (Progressive's online update and query system) to streamline operations and process more data.
- 1987. Owners establish the company's core values, which are still in place today.
- 1993-1995. First insurer to offer comparative rates by phone 24/7. The following year, they introduce the toll-free 1-800-AUTO-PRO number to compare quotes. In 1995 they are the first to launch the auto-insurance.com website, which would later change to progressive.com.
- 1997-1998. They are the first to allow their customers to purchase an auto policy online and in real time. The following year they were recognized for having the most user-friendly and complete website for insuring your car.
- 1999. First to provide online quotes for recreational boating.
- 2000-2001. Through their 'Virtual Perfect Service', they promoted their customers to be brand ambassadors. This included the wireless application protocol, which favored the use of devices such as cell phones and PDAs for different operations. The following year they are the first to publish their verification results.
- 2002-2003. Progressive Insurance launches the 'Rate Ticket', a real-time rate comparison system of their prices and those of their competitors. In 2003, they are the first to offer claims centers for their clients.
- 2004-2005. During this time, they promote 'TripSense', a usage-based assurance program to investigate driving habits. This was followed by 'Talk to Me', an industry-first VoIP tool.
- 2008-2009. The Superstores and the television character Flo, who would become a cultural icon, appeared. Later, they were the first to offer the 'Name Your Price' option during policy quotes, facilitating the contracting process.
- 2014 and 2016. After an extensive search, they land a homeowners insurer aligned with their values - American Strategic Insurance. In 2016, they introduce the option to send photos of the damage via their mobile app for claim estimation.
- 2017. They are again pioneers by being part of voice commands in Google Home. This year also saw the debut of Flo's chatbot, which facilitates quotes through Facebook.
Español: Oficina de Progressive insurance cerca de mí